Shoots and Sprouts, Combo Kit that Raises the Nutrition Bar
If you search on Google for Peas Shoots or Sprouted Peas, you will find there are millions of articles and highlights of the topics. You can see many articles highlighting the amazing nutrition to be found in these tasty additions to your diet. AND you can grow them in your home in just a few days!
Both Pea Shoots and Sprouts contain high levels of Vit A, C and K. Pea Shoots because they are growing leaves, have a dose of chlorophyll and the sprouts contain a good dose of protein.
There is a big difference to growing both, so this kit gives you the supplies and tools (wide mouth jar not included) to grow both in your home. Pea sprouts are sprouted in a jar with just water and will be ready to eat in 2-4 days depending on how much sprout you like emerging (see photo of sprouts at 3 days).
Pea shoots on the other hand are pea microgreens that are grown in our coir growing media for 10-21 days depending on your taste. We harvest the shoots as the first tendrils start to emerge and each plant will give you 2-3 shoots before exhausting the initial nutrients.
The kit includes:
- 3 pre measured packs of our sprouting pea mix (organic & non GMO)
- sprouting screen to use with your own wide mouth mason jar (at least a pint)
- 3 pre measured packs of our pea shoot seeds (organic & non GMO)
- 1 Wonder Soil custom blend (worm castings & kelp) wafer of compressing coir that is enough for 3 crops of pea shoots
- 1 growing tray and humidity cover for germinating and growing (made from 100% post consumer recycled plastic bottles)
- 1 small spray bottle to mist seeds during germination